Faye is a global technology company that helps companies grow by successfully creating, customizing, implementing, and managing industry leading customer experience, CRM, and ERP software platforms to meet ever evolving business needs. As a SugarCRM Elite partner and the 2020 SugarCRM Global Reseller of the Year, Faye is also a leading partner with Salesforce, Zendesk, HubSpot, and a provider of a variety of custom software solutions.
We are seeking a Director of Sales to be the driving force in growing the company’s sales revenue.. Our primary differentiators are our proprietary add-on products for SugarCRM and our unique ability to customize products to our clients’ needs. In addition, the products we choose to sell are key to our ability to grow our revenue. In addition to SugarCRM, we are also a leading partner for Act-On Marketing Automation Software, Sage, Acumatica, Monday.Com, and other software solutions. Our current install base of 400+ customers gives us a fertile ground for opportunistic cross-sell/up-sell growth as well. The Director of Sales reports to the COO and is a key member of the leadership team.
Work with Faye and make a difference in real and measurable ways. We believe in hard work, professionalism, personal & professional growth, and being the best at what we do. Do you love software? Our values support the belief that anything is possible, and we’re looking to add members to the team who feel the same. We invite you to explore exciting career opportunities with one of the leading software companies in the industry.
Overview of Key Accountabilities
- Lead the way by building a book of business through your own contacts and referral network
- Provide leadership to ensure accurate sales forecasting and the achievement of sales revenue targets and profitability.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent to ensure that people with the right skills and motivation to meet business needs are in the right place at the right time. Establish compensation, training and sales incentive programs.
- Implement sales strategies, processes, techniques, and procedures to meet revenue goals.
- Identify and coordinate efforts toward targeting new customers, technologies, and products.
- Maximize customer satisfaction, renewal rates, and upsell/cross sell opportunities.
- Find, close, and manage high value customers and projects
- Lead and reinforce the company culture and values within the Sales organization.
Top Success Criteria & Objectives
- $500k+ revenue personal book of business
- Ability to run your own deals and close them
- Desire and ability to mentor and coach team members
- Being scorecard and metric driven (candidates will need to show examples of prior dashboards/scorecards used)
Other Success Criteria & Objectives
- 30% year over year revenue growth for the organization
- Accurate and timely reporting for management
- Industry standard close rates
- Generation of acceptable levels of opportunities per month
- Increasing Total ARR month-over-month
Key Current Director of Sales Tasks
- Run bi-monthly sales meetings
- Run weekly 1:1 meetings with sales team members
- Update of weekly scorecards
- Review of select proposals, quotes, and presentations prior to delivery
- Attend discovery calls and demos and provide input to sales team members
- Liaise with operations and admin teams to improve procedures as needed
- Liaise with marketing to help maintain up to date sales and marketing materials
- Liaise with key vendors (Sugar, Zendesk, etc.) to maintain relationships, lead flow, etc.
Technical Skills and Experience Desired
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years B2B sales experience
- Prior experience in a sales or sales management capacity
- Prior experience in a software & services company
- Experience with CRM and/or related applications
- High level of competence using Excel for reporting and analysis of data
- Successful track record of client relationship fostering and development in small and medium sized businesses.
Professional Skills & Experience
- Pro-active, creative participation in the execution of projects
- Strong communication skills in email, document preparation, and verbal
- Strong team oriented skills since this position interfaces with all areas of the business
- Ability to work in a team environment (with Account Executives, Director of Marketing, Director of Operations, Customer Success Team, etc.)
- Able to effectively communicate with team members
- Basic project management capabilities
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage time
- Professional demeanor
- Desire to be the best!
Performance Factors & “Soft Skills”
- Highly self-motivated and hard working
- Caring about clients
- Positive, can do, “anything is possible” attitude
- Love of software
- Significant attention to detail
- Prioritize effectively and work with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrable energy, determination, and persistence
- Project professionalism and enthusiasm
- Manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Sense of humor
We’re also looking for a team member whose performance and attitude will be consistent with our company values:
- Take Care of Our Clients
- Anything is Possible Attitude
- Move Fast
- Growth Mindset
- Do the Right Thing
- Own What Happens
- Develop pipeline of deals
- Close business
- Source new products for organization to sell
Key Lead Gen Tactics:
- Sugar Inside Sales Team Nurturing
- Trade Shows
- Account Based Marketing
- Personal Contacts
- “Blocking & Tackling”: Web Content, SEO, Email Blasts, Webinars, Branding, etc.
Manage five salespeople (three AE, two AM)
- Weekly 1:1 meetings with each
- Quarterly review meetings with each
- Annual compensation meetings with each
- Attend discovery calls/demos & coach
- Review proposals/quotes before they go out
- Lead Bi-Monthly Sales Team meetings
- Prepare and distribute weekly sales scorecard
- Prepare and distribute monthly commission reports
- Handle unhappy clients as needed
- Determine if credits are to be issued
- Work with operations for input on service delivery and sales-ops handoffs on projects
- Work with marketing on lead gen campaigns/strategy
- Work with marketing to design, develop, and roll out sales materials
- Work with marketing for input on website
- Update weekly company scorecard with sales metrics
- Provide strategic input to management as needed
- Attend & actively participate in weekly leadership team meeting
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status or medical condition.