Faye is a global technology company that helps companies grow by successfully creating, customizing, implementing, and managing industry leading customer experience, CRM, and ERP software platforms to meet ever evolving business needs. As a SugarCRM Elite partner and the 2020 SugarCRM Global Reseller of the Year, Faye is also a leading partner with Salesforce, Zendesk, HubSpot, and a provider of a variety of custom software solutions.
We are seeking a strong individual to add to our team as our Manager – IT Operations.
The objective of the Manager – IT Operations is to be the person who leads the IT operations team for Faye. This is a critical position that is a hybrid role between strategy, operations and tactical work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Leading the DevOps team utilizing Agile principles.
- Be hands-on, improve operational efficiency, and develop a vision that leads to our DevOps team's long-term success.
- Define, plan and execute strategic roadmaps for self-service, highly scalable, cost-efficient, observable, auditable, and reliable infrastructure services as standard practice, includes DevOps and automation.
- Support the enterprise with high availability, disaster recovery, security, and network configuration across all devices, private network, and the cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Build, patch, monitor, maintain, secure all server infrastructure.
- Lead the design, implementation, and management of build pipelines and Oversee the evolution of CI/CD's release pipelines.
- Proven track record for building and managing operation-as-Code, Oversee our application and infrastructure automation.
- Evolve Remote/On-Premise and Cloud computing infrastructure, focusing on scaling, cost optimization, and automation.
- Troubleshooting complex incidents in production environments
- Perform information systems engineering analysis for testing, assessing, evaluating, integrating, and enforcing requirements of the compliance officer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Success Criteria & Objectives
- Maintain server uptime SLAs
- Maintain server vulnerability score
- Incident response time SLAs
Qualifications, Skills, & Experience
- Excited about Faye. You believe in our mission and live our core values.
- Ambitious. You’re excited about building something new, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are comfortable with experimentation and risk-taking.
- At least 5 years of working in a product technology organization leading public/private cloud infrastructure, DevOps, and automation.
- Expert knowledge with private and public cloud, virtualization technologies, containers, as well as physical and software load balancers and multiple storage options.
- Expert knowledge release management tools, Containerization technologies and complete CI/CD platform (Git, Jenkins, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience with building/deploying/scaling/managing distributed systems on AWS at an enterprise level.
- In-depth domain knowledge about every aspect of engineering operation.
- Experience with infrastructure as code and configuration management tools like Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Experienced with Message queueing technologies i.e.. Kakfa, RabbitMQ, MQTT
- Experienced with logging technologies i.e.. the Elastic Stack
- Results-oriented. You are driven by creating impact and winning and take full ownership of achieving personal and team objectives.
- Strong work ethic. You take pride in working harder and smarter than your competition.
- Curious. You work to deeply understand customers, their workflows, and their objectives to speak their language and translate product value to customer value. You enjoy learning about new industries and roles, and quickly move up the learning curve.
Performance Factors & “Soft Skills”
- Highly self-motivated and hard working
- Caring about clients
- Positive, can do, “anything is possible” attitude
- Love of software
- Significant attention to detail
- Prioritize effectively and work with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrable energy, determination, and persistence
- Project professionalism and enthusiasm
- Manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Sense of humor
- Performance consistent with Faye Values
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status or medical condition.